Benefits of QMSC Membership
Being a member of QMSC gives strength to the voice of enthusiasts, give access to insurance cover for groups and SIV insurance.
You will also more easily find out what's happening in your area of interest.
The Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads Special Interest Vehicle (SIV) registration is a concessional registration scheme for registered operators of special categories of vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorbikes and trailers that have limited use on the road. The types of vehicles eligible to participate in the scheme include both right-hand drive (RHD) and left-hand drive (LHD) which fall within one of the following categories:
- Classic & Historic vehicles at least 30 years old.
- Historic Ambulances and Fire fighting Equipment
- Street Rods (Hot Rods) - Vehicles that have been modified for safe road use and have a body and frame built before 1949, or is a replica and is fitted with a modification plate, code LH9. Vehicles fitted with a modification plate, code LH10, are for open registration and are not entitled to a Special Interest Vehicle Concession.
Insurance Cover for Member Organisations
1. Public liability insurance Provides protection when the Club* is found to be legally responsible for personal injury to a third party or damage totheir property. An important extension of the policy arranged is Member to Member Liability. This extensionindemnifies the insured in respect of the legal liability of one member to another. The policy number 0013360LIAarranged provides cover up to $10,000,000 for any one occurrence. Placement of the policy has been arranged throughAxis Underwriting Services with Certain Underwriters of Lloyds of London.Inclusions: general meetings, static displays, swap meets (up to 200 sites), touring runs, picnics, barbeques and clubdinners.Exclusion: all racing, practicing, qualifying, timed or speed trials, rallying, hillclimbs, motor khana or any event for whichsanctioning or permits are required.
2. Associations liability insurance Provides protection of the assets of both the organisation and their officers against the risk of litigation. The policy inplace with JLT provides protection for office bearers of an association up to $2,000,000 for any one occurrence with$10,000,000 in the aggregate. Placement of this policy has also been arranged through Axis Underwriting Services withCertain Underwriters of Lloyds of London.
3. Sports injury personal accident Provides cover for voluntary workers who are injured while undertaking work on behalf of the organisation. The policyarranged with JLT is placed with QBE and provides cover for capital benefits up to $50,000 for death, loss or limbs orinjury thereof to any voluntary worker aged from 12 to 80 years of age. Weekly benefits of normal weekly wages up to$500 per week for up to 104 weeks are also provided. For any voluntary worker aged between 81 to 90 years of age thecapital benefit is reduced to $10,000 and weekly benefits of normal weekly wages reduced to $100 per week for aperiod of 26 weeks.
4. Personal accident insurance The fee for personal membership includes the benefit of personal accident insurance and covers the personal membertravelling to and from QMSC authorised events and meetings.The policy arranged with JLT is placed with QBE and provides cover for capital benefits up to $50,000 for death, loss orlimbs or injury thereof to any voluntary worker aged from 12 to 80 years of age. Weekly benefits of normal weeklywages up to $500 per week for up to 104 weeks are also provided. For any voluntary worker aged between 81 to 90years of age the capital benefit is reduced to $10,000 and weekly benefits of normal weekly wages reduced to $100 perweek for a period of 26 weeks.
a) An Associate Member of QMSC will not be covered by any of these policies unless they are doing voluntary work onbehalf of QMSC.
b) ‘Club’ means a group of people who have a purpose relating to recreational motorised sports and who cometogether as an incorporated association; not-for-profit company; for-profit company; special interest group (SIG); or forum.